*** Submission is now closed ***
The Centre for Information Technology in Education (CITE) of the Faculty of Education of the University of Hong Kong (HKU) is holding its research symposium, that is, CITERS 2023, on 19 and 20 May, 2023 at HKU. The theme of this year’s symposium is ‘Empowering Communities and Transforming Learning’.
We invite you to submit a proposal (online submissions will accept proposals until 15 April, 2023) for the CITERS 2023. The symposium will bring together researchers and practitioners interested in educational uses of information technology in order to:
- share and learn about recent research results and evidence-based practices
- improve the use of design and technology in teaching and learning, and
- support participants’ professional learning, growth, and networking with colleagues
As researchers and practitioners focus on creating meaningful change in education, we seek to empower individuals and communities to take action and create positive outcomes in their respective fields. Learning technologies allow us to bring together experts, practitioners, and innovators to share best practices, collaborate on solutions, and support one another through building an empowered community. This symposium is an opportunity to come together, learn from each other, and build a better future for all in the field of Information Technology in Education.
To that end, we invite high-quality presentations from a wide diversity of disciplines focused on empowering communities and transforming learning in different contexts. We welcome empirical, theoretical, and practitioner-oriented presentations from educational researchers and practitioners, including teacher educators, principals, teachers, government officers, librarians, students and graduates from education programmes, CITE members and those interested in IT and educational research.
We invite you to submit your contributions to one of the five sub-themes:
- AI in Education: Contributions to AI in Education should address the design, development, application, and evaluation of artificial intelligence technologies in education. We also welcome proposals concerning ethical issues in AI in education.
- Learning and Teaching with Emerging Technologies: Learning and Teaching with Emerging Technologies welcome proposals that are particularly interested in the application, implementation, and evaluation of emerging technologies within learning contexts. The research in emerging technologies includes but is not limited to learning games, simulations, transmedia, adaptive systems, mobile technologies, XR technologies, robotics, and 3D printing for learning and instructional purposes.
- Learning Design and Development: Learning Design and Development focuses on the theoretical and empirical practices of design/development processes concerning various information technologies in education. Contributions may include the theories and practices that have significant implications for applications of technology or instructional design in formal or informal educational settings and various subject areas.
- Culture, Technology, and Learning: Research, professional, and personal perspectives are invited to explore, reflect on, and investigate how to create new culturally-situated pathways for learning and technology that are essential to the connection between culture, learning, and technology. Proposals are encouraged to address issues related to underrepresented populations, inclusive design, digital citizenship and literacy, ethical considerations, etc.
- Measurement, Assessment, and Analytics in Learning: Measurement, Assessment, and Analytics in Learning focus on research in educational measurement, psychometrics, assessments, learning analytics, and educational data mining that support researchers and practitioners to develop data-driven understandings of learning and teaching processes in diverse contexts. Topics of interest include but are not limited to new assessment and analytical methods, learner cognition and behavior models, and implications for policy, practice, and equity.
Please carefully read the following pages before submitting a proposal:
* Only in-person presentation will be accepted for all presentation formats.
*** Submission is now closed ***
Please submit proposals via our conference system at EasyChair on or before
31 March, 2023 (Fri) 15 April, 2023 (Sat). If you have never used EasyChair before, click here to download an instruction for proposal submission through EasyChair. The program committee may contact the authors to update their abstracts after a proposal is accepted, if necessary.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by email: email@example.com.